[ntp:questions] specifying key

Karthik Palaniappan kpalania at mix.wvu.edu
Tue Dec 9 20:38:27 UTC 2003

Hello,

 I would like to use NTP authentication in Master-Slave unicast mode
using shared keys. Both the client and server have the same key file.
The client has the following server command in ntp.conf:

server 192.168.1.1 key 1

 How can I specify in the server that key ID 1 should be used in all
unicast responses? For the peer, broadcast and multicast mode, could
find the answer (eg: broadcast 192.168.1.255 key 1 ). But for unicast I
am unable to find the answer. Thank you for your answer.

Regards,
Karthik