[ntp:questions] Re: How to configure CE.Net's SNTP Client?

5thWheel nospam at nospam.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 22:43:13 UTC 2003

> I suggest you repost this in a Microsoft news group. There is almost noone
> in this newsgroup who understands how microsoft has implemented these things

Ho-hum, thanks anyway.  I've posted it to various MS CE groups but no joy
there either as yet.

> and this has nothing to do the NTP.

Apologies if my post was outside the scope of the group.  I checked out
the FAQ and it said group was "for the discussion of protocol described in the
RFC documents [the Network Time Protocol (RFC 956, 958, 1059, 1119, 1129,
1305) and the Simple Network Time Protocol (RFC 1361)]"; other people have
been discussing NTP implementations on 2k, so I figured asking about SNTP
on CE would not be OT.

> I also seem to remember that Dave
> mentioned that Microsoft's implementation of SNTP was incorrect.

Gah:/ I'd say "typical", but maybe some of the MS group people are reading
and I don't want to discourage them:)