[ntp:questions] Re: WinNT version with debug? (Danny Mayer)

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Dec 15 18:05:04 UTC 2003

Terje Mathisen <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> wrote in message news:<brjn63$bff$1 at osl016lin.hda.hydro.com>...

> One problem is that you need to pass those -d flags to the NT service,
> which is a bit harder than doing the same under *ix.
>
> Terje

Not really. I usually run it in the forground especially when debugging.
I don't remember the last time I just let it run as a service, but then
I always run debug code. From the DOS Window:

ntpd -n -l stdout

You can add -d, but I don't think that the release version has the
debug prints in it. You need the -l stdout to force the outputs to the
Window rather than the event log.

Danny