[ntp:questions] Re: GMT: UT1 vs UTC

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang+gnus20031101T172844 at dailyplanet.dontspam.wsrcc.com
Sun Nov 2 01:32:10 UTC 2003

> I do worry, the recent firmware bug (one-second glitch) on my Oncore,
> caused by a missing leap second, makes me quite confident that a
> negative leap second would indeed be a disaster.

If only Motorola would offer the raw GPS time (along with the GPS-UTC
offset) this wouldn't be much of an issue.  I wonder why all the
clock-chip (and gps) manufacturers insist on handing one Y-M-D H:M:S
and then making one convert back to a useful number.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
           The From: address is valid.  Don't mess with it.