[ntp:questions] Re: VMS/UCX build?

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Wed Nov 26 00:45:05 UTC 2003

stenn at maccarony.ntp.org (Harlan Stenn) wrote in message news:<bpuvnr$rdm$1 at dewey.udel.edu>...
> A POSIX shell would probably do the trick.
>
> Have you seen: http://public.www.planetmirror.com/pub/gcc-vms/mail.txt
>
> I think at least one of the FTP mirrors is still active.
>
> Would http://gnv.sourceforge.net/ help?
>
> Danny Mayer handled the Windows port; I gather at one time it was possible
> to use cygwin and run "configure"; nowadays folks simply use the stuff
> in ports/winnt/ and use the ntp.dsw thing.  (Near as I can tell).

Okay, I admit it. I love VMS. I run VMS 6.1 on a VAXstation (currently a
4000/60) with UCX and I have a DECC (and a VAXC) compiler on it.
I in upgrading and fixing ntp I didn't bother about making sure VMS would
work. There were too many other things to do. I thought there were instructions
on building on VMS but I can't find any. It's probably in the older versions
of ntp. Not much has changed except for additional files which will need to
be added to the compile list. I've no intention of getting into fixing those
issues but you are welcome to submit fixes for VMS.

Danny