[ntp:questions] Re: Latest changes toTWikiGettingStarted

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Mon Oct 6 23:55:36 UTC 2003

In article <3F81C318.9A18D7BB at udel.edu>, David L. Mills <mills at udel.edu> wrote:

>Hal Murray wrote:
>
>> If I needed to refer to it while working on a system without a web
>> browser, I'd go find a machine with a browser and read it there or
>> print a copy.
>
>I find your reaction, go find a browser to read the thing, deliciously
>relevant to the issues raised earlier on this thread.

Again, you two are talking your (local) POLICY choices.  Brad and I have
different POLICY choices.

The important thing is the MECHANISM infrastructure that support different
POLICY choices.  The distribution should be friendly to a reasonable number
of different local POLICY choices.

We have pissing contests when we try to dictate the POLICY that others
"should" be using.