[ntp:questions] Re: NT binaries for ntp-4.2.0

Maarten Wiltink maarten at kittensandcats.net
Sat Oct 18 16:37:17 UTC 2003

"Terje Mathisen" <terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com> wrote in message
news:bmr7qd$i14$1 at osl016lin.hda.hydro.com...
> Maarten Wiltink wrote:
[...]
> > Not sure if I'll ever get around to installing Perl, considering how
> > I don't need it for _anything_ else. Yet.
>
> Huh???
>
> Not needing perl? :-)
>
> Perl is the Basic of the decade, it is extremely useful and quite
> pragmatic.

That would explain it, then. I was raised to believe Basic inferior,
and to use better language.

> You can write both very structured code in it, as well as ad hoc
> oneliners that can do amazing stuff.

I prefer not to be amazed too much when I come back after two months
for code maintenance.

Current language of choice is Delphi, and large parts of its user
community seem to share this opinion about Basic - one variant of
Basic in particular.

Note that I've not said that either Basic or Perl _is_ inferior, or
that _I_ even think so. Except VB, of course. Have to maintain some
standards.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink