[ntp:questions] Re: NT binaries for ntp-4.2.0

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 15:07:40 UTC 2003

> > Unfortunately, there is no winnt.html in the release from Terje, so I
had

> That's intentional, both to keep the binary size down, and to force
> people to go to the original docs at http://www.ntp.org.

A suggest then: a one line ReadMe.txt file saying:

  Please visit http://www.ntp.org for more information

(aside comment - where is that winnt.html file?  All I could find was a
page labelled "Documentation".  Nothing on there to suggest where to go
for documentation specific to my OS.....)

[]
> I must admit that I didn't know about this file, even though I've
> installed the OpenSSL-based versions on quite a few systems. :-(
>
> Terje

Creating random files?  Starts to sound like, well, you know who's
software!  And such actions may fail on well protected file systems......

Cheers,
David