[ntp:questions] Can't make a Sun work in Broadcastclient mode

Sarbjit Singh singh at image.dk
Fri Oct 24 21:06:55 UTC 2003

Hi

I have some problem to make a SUN ntp client work as a broadcast client.

My setup is one NTP server which broadcast  time to the subnet. On this
subnet there is one Linux and one W2K client. Both those clients receives
the broadcasts, and synchronize time .  Just Few days ago I received a SUN
Space computer which I need  to test the ntp client software.

 I have downloaded the latest ntp 4.2.0 software and compiled/installed this
on this SUN.

The SUN ntp client just newer sees any ntp broadcast messages.  I have tried
with previous versions of ntp (4.1.2, 4.1.80-rc1) as "client", but still the
Sun see no broadcast.  As last step I did upgrade the ntp server from 4.1.2
to 4.2.0 - But still no broadcast is seen.

I hope someone can help me out with issue.

Thanks

Sarbjit

Setup environment

Server