[ntp:questions] Re: Redefinition Error with NTP-4.2.0 on OpenBSD 3.3

Roy roy at suespammers.org
Fri Oct 31 03:30:05 UTC 2003

(Danny Mayer) wrote in message news:<3a2a0492.0310291444.1c05be9c at posting.google.com>...

> I can't imagine that just checking for these two variables is sufficient
> to decide whether or not it supports IPv6. A macro needs to be defined
> in config.h if it supports IPv6 and that belongs in the autoconf stuff.

Hi Danny,

I took a look at RFC2553 and I agree that checking for these two
variables is NOT a generally valid test to determine if the RFC is
implemented.  Neither one of these variables is required for
compliance with the RFC.  I changed the test to use a variable that
does appear to be required.  The following test apparently works:

#if defined(IN6ADDR_ANY_INIT)

(Minor changes are required in both ../include/ntp_stdlib.h and
../libntp/ntp_rfc2553.c to include <netinet/in.h> before
"ntp_rfc2553.h".)

Have a great time,

roy
--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  Please do
not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to