[ntp:questions] Re: Trimble Setup Question

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Thu Sep 4 02:23:19 UTC 2003

Harlan,

Surely I would not let this pass without thunder and lightning. The
lightning thing is peculiarly adept, given the nasty bolt that hit here
recently. The thunder part comes from my very serious agenda that the
HTML documentation included in the distribution is intended as a formal
declaration of intent, function and detail. I consider this necessary to
avoid ambiguity in alternative formats and presentations.

As I have said repeatedly before in this forum and others that I have no
objections to any alternative translation, formatting or beautification,
as long as the HTML pages (only) are included in the distribution. I
have no objections to the inclusion of tools in the distribution which
might convert to man pages, kanji or greek, as long as it is clearly
stated that the "official" documentation is HTML with no bells, whistles
or flash. And, for what it's worth, I take some care to format the HTML
as simple as it gets and not unfriendly to a dumb text editor.

Dave