[ntp:questions] Re: NTP with MD5 client

Roy roy at suespammers.org
Sun Sep 14 02:20:08 UTC 2003

mayer at gis.net (Danny Mayer) wrote in message
[snip]
> Why did you buy a server? The software is free from the ntp.org Web site
> and yes it runs on Windows.

I can't speak for Chris, but I recommended that my company buy a
commercial NTP server.  Well, actually we bought two of them.

We wanted rack-mounted servers with GPS receivers for our remote data
centers.  They needed to be easy enough for our typical network
technicians to install.  Installation was just an issue of mounting
the unit in the rack and connecting the antenna, network cable and
power cord.  The units are just finishing up their first year of
service, and we are still quite pleased with them.

We do use the standard NTP software on the stratum 2 servers that
synchronize to the GPS units.

Have a great time,

roy
--
The suespammers.org mail server is located in California.  Please do
not send unsolicited bulk e-mail or unsolicited commercial e-mail to