[ntp:questions] Re: NTP with MD5 client

Piotr Trojanek ptrojane at mion.elka.pw.edu.pl
Mon Sep 15 08:37:03 UTC 2003

In article <86oexn8318.fsf at number6.magda.ca>, David Magda wrote:
>roy at suespammers.org (Roy) writes:
>
>> I can't speak for Chris, but I recommended that my company buy a
>> commercial NTP server.  Well, actually we bought two of them.
>[...]
>
>Just curious: which product did you go with, and why?

I can't speak for Roy, but a common answer may be cable
lenght which is included with standard (OEM) GPS receivers,
anti electrical shock circuits (thunders:).

It's ok to connect hemebrew GPS receiver and put antenna outside
the window, but if you want to keep your NTP server inside
servers room, which has no doors, no windows and 2 meters
wide walls, you may start to think about ready solution to
put GPS antenna on the top of 100m building:)

--
Piotr Trojanek