[ntp:questions] Disable Novell-Netware-Client of setting the time

Vincent Smeets (no mail) Nobody at No.SPAM.org
Thu Sep 18 15:14:38 UTC 2003

Thank you for your answer, but it didn't help. The registry entry is just
the value of what I am setting in the properties. The entry already existed
and had the value 0.

After logging out and in again, the time was set with an offset of ~380ms.

I have found the following text in the installation and administration guide
(page 64). I don't understand the last line. Does it mean the you can't
disable the time synchronization in Windows 2000 and XP?

Thanks

Login Script Command SET_TIME ON/OFF Behaves Differently on NT

Novell Client for Windows NT/2000/XP Properties > Advanced Settings contains
a Set Station Time property.
When this setting is On, the workstation time is always synchronized with
the network during GINA Login. The login script SET_TIME command has no
effect on time synchronization, because the time is being synchronized
before the script command is processed.
When the setting is Off, the SET_TIME ON script command has an effect when
scripts are run, and the workstation time is synchronized with the network.
Windows 2000 and XP both ignore the SET_TIME script command regardless of
the client property setting Set Station Time=On|Off and update the time/date
to the Netware Server Time/Date at Gina Login only. Subsequent script
executions do not make any difference as the script command seems to be
ignored.

news:mailman.15.1063885896.1857.questions at ntp.org...>