[ntp:questions] Re: FreeBSD 5.3, Oncore UT+ and PPS

Dennis Spexet spexet at visi.com
Wed Dec 15 00:54:50 UTC 2004

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message
news:sfmdnRkibpUckSLcRVn-qg at comcast.com...
> Did you create a soft link from /dev/oncore.0 to the serial port you
> connected the Oncore to?

I created softlinks for /dev/oncore.pps.0, /dev/oncore.0 and
/dev/oncore.serial.0.  All of them point to /dev/cuaa0.

I didn't see any instructions to do /dev/oncore.0, nor did I see references
to it in refclock_oncore.c, but I did it anyway.

Unfortunately, I did not meet with success.  The status line of ntptime
still reads "status 0x2001 (PLL, NANO)".

I'm wondering what it is I am missing.  I rebuilt the kernel with the
PPS_SYNC option enabled, and I even checked to make sure that PPS_SYNC was
defined to 1 in the right places.

-Dennis Spexet, spexet at visi.com