[ntp:questions] hardpps difficulty on an ARM-7

Eric Hammerle ehammerle at spectracomcorp.com
Fri Jan 9 15:38:34 UTC 2004

I'm currently porting the ppskit version 2.1.1 to an ARM-7 processor using the 2.4.20 kernel.  We are using a GPS antenna to receive a pulse, so I believe the pulse to be highly accurate.  Unfortunately once I have binded the kernel consumer to the gps 1pps, I keep getting the messages similar to:

hardpps: bad pulse, delta = -39984010 ns

and every 24th bad pulse will output:

hardpps(0.481486004): early pulse, delta = 960006929 ns

instead of the former message.

Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

- E. Hammerle

PS: Has anyone else out there tried porting this to an ARM7?