[ntp:questions] Re: NTP, Unix and the 34-year itch (better read this)

Simon Burge simonb at wasabisystems.com
Fri Jan 23 08:13:38 UTC 2004

Harlan Stenn wrote:

> One could certainly use the timestamp on that file as *a* way to try and
> find the ballpark, but as I recall the embedded systems folks often have
> problems writing files like that and want to avoid them.

Note that we already have some date info in the ntpd binary - the
version string from version.c.  From a recent build:

	"ntpd 4.2.0a at 1.1210-r Wed Jan 14 01:33:04 EST 2004 (1)"

Maybe this can somehow be used in a sanity check?

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                            <simonb at wasabisystems.com>
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/