[ntp:questions] filegen under XP Pro?

clh chrish at navsys.com
Sun Jan 25 22:25:08 UTC 2004

I've used 520 Software group and Norloff.org binaries.
I've built from source in MSVC 6.0.
I've checked the perms on the dirs.

The log file is being generated.
no statistics files are being generated.

I am using Tardis and "net time \\<NTP server ip> /set /yes" to test
and they are able to retrieve the time so the server appears to be
working.

any advice is greatly appreciated

here is my latest c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ntp.conf

logfile c:\ntp\stats\ntp.log
driftfile %windir%\ntp.drift        # path for drift file
enable stats
statistics loopstats clockstats peerstats
statsdir c:\ntp\stats\     # directory for statistics files
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day link enable
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day link enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day link enable

clh