[ntp:questions] Re: Another time kernel 2.6 and ntpd.

Richard B. Gilbert rgilbert88 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 23:29:13 UTC 2004

It could be that your local clock is drifting faster than ntp can
correct it.  I believe I recall reading here that 500 ppm is the maximum
drift that ntp can correct.  If it's worse than that you need to do
something with tickadj to fix it.  I have never done it myself, or
needed to, so you'll need to get the details from someone who knows how.