[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd and ACTS

Walter L. Preuninger II walterp at fnbhs.com
Thu Nov 11 01:10:24 UTC 2004

"Brad Knowles" <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote in message
news:mailman.0.1100131990.54146.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org...
> At 4:44 PM -0600 2004-11-10, Walter L. Preuninger II wrote:
>
> >                Our president does not want any of our internal machines
> >  connected to the internet. In fact, I have to go to a completely
different
> >  office just to send this.... Only dedicated computers have internet
access.

> In those kinds of cases, setting up your own internal time server
> that is directly connected to a refclock (e.g., GPS,
> WWV/WWVB/CHU/DCF77, ACTS) is probably the only option you're likely
> to have available to you.

Well, I have suggested it, but (and I do understand his resistance). We are
a bank. And if the internet ever does touch our internal network, we have to
deal with firewalls (another person, $) and intrustion testing ($$$). The
intrustion testing is mandated by our regulators.

Therefore, I want ACTS... even getting a real refclock is out of his price
range...