[ntp:questions] Re: Ref clocks and polling intervals

dusty bin junkmail at mmscomms.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 11:56:17 UTC 2004

"Richard B. Gilbert" <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote in message news:<KaadnWJJuI47vzjcRVn-rA at comcast.com>...
[...]
> I also see all my polling intervals drop to and remain at 64 seconds
> while my Motorola Oncore is reachable.  I believe I've mentioned this
> here earlier.  The Oncore is always polled at 16 second intervals.   I'm
> running 4.2.0 at 1.1161-r Sat Jan 31 23:24:32 EST 2004 (9).

Hmmm.  I am using the last windows dev version from Terje and that
behaves normally without any maxpoll fiddles:
Refclocks (in my case: LCL and NMEA) stay at 64 secs
Servers and peers go up to 1024 secs

None of my machines (including 486 running w2k) have a problem
maintaining good accuracy polling servers at 1024 secs intervals.

[aside] would it not be useful to allow iburst with refclocks - it
doesn't seem to do anything here...