[ntp:questions] Re: Windows Logon Events Cause -9ms Offset

Jerry Baker jerry at novalid.invalid
Fri Oct 1 06:44:12 UTC 2004

Danny Mayer wrote:
> I forgot to mention that when I had BIND 9 running using polling
> (select()) I found that if you started running something like Windows
> Media Player, named wuold go to 100% CPU. Once I rewrote it and
> stopped using select() the problem went away. If something's
> using a select() it may cause problems elsewhere. I could never
> tell what was really causing the problem.

Thank you all for looking into this. I'll continue to investigate. I
have set up MRTG so anyone interested can watch what happens. It is
already apparent that something isn't right. I'm looking into a way to
pop Windows login and logout events automatically onto these graphs.

http://jerbaker.dhs.org/ntp/index.html