[ntp:questions] Re: Are broadcasts by non-responsive servers used by clients?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Oct 8 02:55:12 UTC 2004

Danny,

Verily you are correct, as I found today. While the Rack has torched a
power supply, pogo has now taken its place. It is carefully configured
for symmetric key, but refuses to send an authenticated packet. Solaris
pogo and FreeBSD hepzibah commit the same crime. In addition, the
broadcast shows up at the client with destination address all zeros.

Dave