[ntp:questions] Re: dramatic increase in ntp traffic?

Bitbucket E-5E5D4C40-1754-E at happy-fish.org.uk
Sun Oct 10 21:27:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:21:43 +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von
Bidder <grazdan at fortytwo.ch> wrote:

>at least two servers in the pool.ntp.org have seen a dramatic increase
>in ntp traffic suddenly.

I wasn't one of those who reported this before, but I haven't been
able to get my server open to incoming requests since Wednesday night.
The requests went up to an average of about 10/sec - not large, but
enough to bring out a UDP bug in my router that causes it to crash
after about fifteen minutes - presumably at one of the ten minute
bursts...

During my investigations, I also noticed many errors like this:
Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	NTP
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	1