[ntp:questions] Re: Freeware for NTP time synchronization under Windows?

Steve Kostecke kostecke at ntp.isc.org
Mon Oct 18 13:28:58 UTC 2004

On 2004-10-18, Chaos Master wrote:

> I am looking for a freeware Windows program to synchronize PC' clock over the
> Internet, using the NTP (Network Time Protocol) protocol

There is a free Windows port of NTP available. Please visit
http://ntp.isc.org/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks for the links.

>I'd like to synchronize time, say, once I day.

Your system clock will drift between these daily corrections.

ntpd continuously disciplines your system clock, by making very small
adjustments, to keep it correct all the time.

YMMV