[ntp:questions] Re: NTP looses connection

Frank Dohrmann f.dohrmann at arcor.de
Fri Oct 29 07:05:50 UTC 2004

m.marien wrote:

[..]

> I had a similar problem. I use a GPS source and a few stratum 2 servers for
> checks. I also had a second NTP system and called it a peer in my ntp.conf
> file. The second system only had stratum 2 servers as sources. The first
> system would lose connections to all the servers after a while. I deleted
> the peer source and it works fine now.

Hmm, this doesn´t seem to fit to my problem. My current configuration is
extremely simple:

server 127.127.1.0              # local clock (LCL)
fudge  127.127.1.0 stratum 10   # LCL is unsynchronized
server ntps1-1.cs.tu-berlin.de
server ptbtime1.ptb.de iburst
server ptbtime2.ptb.de iburst prefer
server ntp1.t-online.de
driftfile /drift/ntp.drift # path for drift file
logfile   /log             # alternate log file

That´s all. I dont´t think there is much to delete and following the
howto the settings should be enough to get this run. Well, in fact it
does - but only for some time...

Kind regards,
Frank