[ntp:questions] Re: Reference clocks - which?

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Sun Oct 31 17:58:44 UTC 2004

> > Which is still considerably more expensive and more complicated than my
> > LW based receiver. The original poster would appear from his name and
> > and email address to be based in Poland. As a result his best and cheapest
> > option is indeed my radioclock design using the DCF77 signal.
> Thats true, because most of Poland area is within the good signal
> distance of 1000 km from the DCF77 sender. Maybe the cheap Conrad
> receivers will be good enough.

The 25-euro one? Don't buy it! It "polls" only 1 or 2 times a day and then
returns interpolated values. And then its drift, it drifts enormously.

Folkert van Heusden

|UNIX admin? Then give MultiTail (http://vanheusden.com/multitail/)|
|a try, it brings monitoring logfiles to a different level! See    |
|http://vanheusden.com/multitail/features.html for a feature list. |