[ntp:questions] NTP information

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Thu Apr 14 13:03:30 UTC 2005

----- Original Message Follows -----
> I need to get some information regarding the followings:
> 1. Any impact to the application/NEs if the time is synchronize to the
> time server?

That depends on the application. Why don't you ask the vendor or maker
of that application. You can't expect us to be able to answer that
question here.

 2. Can NMS/EMS become stratum 2 and have all workstations
> in your network to point to NMS/EMS??

I have no idea what NMS/EMS is so it's hard to understand the question.

 3. Pls suggest steps to
> implement time setting??

Install ntpd, create ntp.conf (see the support pages on
http://ntp.isc.org)
and start ntpd.

 4. If the time difference of NMS/EMS and OSM
> time server is BIG ie > 30 mins,

Use ntpd -g in your startup.

 can we change the time on NMS/EMS
> without impacting the applications and the network???

How would be know since we know neither your application nor your
network?

 Pls provide

See the support pages at http://ntp.isc.org/

> Your cooperations are very much appreciated.

We only answer questions here.

Danny