[ntp:questions] Re: a new NTP implementation (dntp)

David Magda dmagda+trace050401 at ee.ryerson.ca
Tue Apr 26 22:56:46 UTC 2005

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> writes:

> standards publication in PDF, which is the only format I will
> use. It might well be the case that a NTPv4 specification will
> never become a full standard unless somebody else does the
> conversion. Thus, there is no excuse to avoid deploying NTPv4 on
> the basis of standard.

If someone where to convert the NTPv4 PDF to Postel ASCII, which PDF
should they convert? There's quite a few files and papers on ntp.org
(and your personal web page as well). Is the PDF in the proper RFC
language / format (sections, references, etc.), or does further
editing need to be done besides a conversion to 7-bit ASCII? (I'm
assuming that 7-bit ASCII is what you mean by "Postel ASCII".)

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/