[ntp:questions] Re: Synchronisation lost with swisstime.ethz.ch

frank.olsen at steria.com frank.olsen at steria.com
Thu Aug 11 14:02:23 UTC 2005

Thanks for your help!

I did think that there was a problem with the server, but not knowing
much about NTP I wasn't sure how to be absolutely sure. So, if I get a
stratum 13 or 16 on a server that us supposed to be 1 or 2 or 3 or
whatever, I can safely assume that there is something wrong with that
server, is that correct?

Another question: if I do use several servers, what happens if one of
them doesn't respond? (OK, this is probably in the basic documentation
so I'll read that right away.)

Best regards,

Frank Olsen