[ntp:questions] Re: Windows timekeeping - sudden degradation - why?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Thu Dec 8 08:48:40 UTC 2005

Martin Burnicki wrote:
> David,
>
> David J Taylor wrote:
[]
>> I would also be interested in determining which program is switching
>> the MM timer speed, and thereby upsetting the otherwise excellent
>> timekeeping on this system.  I wonder if there's a relatively easy
>> way to determine this?
>
> Unfortunately there's no way to find that out, AFAIK. You can only
> observe the effects indirectly.
>
> Martin

Martin,

I certainly hope your patch is accepted - I am tired of seeing this paused
video on my desktop!

I was wondering if (for example) sysinternals had a program for trapping
the system call to change the MM timer resolution, and to determine who
made that call.  I would imagine it's not impossible to do.

David