[ntp:questions] Re: OpenNTP on PCBSD

Terje Mathisen terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com
Sat Dec 24 09:42:26 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:

> Garrett Wollman wrote:
>
>>This newsgroup is called "comp.protocols.time.ntp", not
>>"comp.software.ntp.reference-implementation".  If discussions of other
>>implementations are off-topic for the mailing-list to which this group
>>is gatewayed, perhaps the gateway should be discontinued or changed to
>>a more appropriate list.
>>
>>-GAWollman
>>

> It's a practical matter in this case. With noone on this list running
> OpenNTP, there's not much point in asking here when you could ask in a
> mailing list the supports the application.

In practice you're right Danny, personally however, I would like to see
questions about alternative implementations treated with a little less
scorn (and yes, I've been making such replies myself).

This would probaly make it easier to persuade those lost souls running
MS or some other broken (S)NTP code to convert! :-)

Terje
PS. Here in Norway we celebrate Christmas eve, not the day after, so
Merry Christmas to everyone!

--
- <Terje.Mathisen at hda.hydro.com>