[ntp:questions] Re: synch two PCs

jayp.ml at gmail.com jayp.ml at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 08:31:11 UTC 2005

Hello, from another Jay :p

jay wrote:
> Thank you so, so much for your kind and informative help!
>
> I was wondering if HTP works even if I do not have an internet
> connection. Does it?

No, HTP uses HTTP response header as time source, so it requires
internet connection.

> I've downloaded ntp 4.2.0 from www.ntp.org and extraced all the files.
> INSTALL file includes a way to compile this package but it is not clear
> enough for me. I just typed what the file says in 'Command prompt',
> which does not work...

that compilation instruction is for *nix..
you can get precompiled binary with installer from
http://www.meinberg.de/english/sw/ntp.htm

btw, if you living in Korea(I presume you are, from @hanmail.net
email..) and little increassed phone-bill(long distance call to
Daejeon) is not an issue, you can use
KST2(http://www.kriss.re.kr/new2004/standard/time/pc3.jsp) to sync with
UTC using modem.