[ntp:questions] Re: synch two PCs

Serge Bets serge.bets at NOSPAM.laposte.invalid
Sat Dec 31 12:38:40 UTC 2005

Hello Jay,

 On Friday, December 30, 2005 at 22:22:25 -0800, jay wrote:

> 3. In ntp.conf file of Computer 2, I addes this lines
> server 192.168.xxx.xxx iburst minpoll 4 maxpoll 7

You should go on Computer 1, type "ipconfig" in Command Prompt, note its
IP address, and insert it here on Computer 2 replacing "192.168.xxx.xxx"
You should also remove "minpoll 4 maxpoll 7": The default values are
better and should not be changed.

| server name-or-ip-of-Computer-1 iburst

> the commend 'ntpq -p' shows if ntp works properly but the window
> disappear so fast I cannot read anything. :(

Type such commands in a "Command Prompt" window (Start -> All Programs
-> Accessories -> Command Prompt).

Serge.