Per Hedeland per at hedeland.org
Sun Feb 6 11:51:26 UTC 2005

In article <mailman.55.1107652713.583.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org> Brad
Knowles <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> writes:
>At 9:13 PM +0000 2005-02-05, Per Hedeland wrote:
>
>>                           I don't dispute that, but what you actually
>>  wrote was that this was something that was needed: "you can help make
>>  recovery easier by configuring the LOCAL refclock" and (without LOCAL)
>>  "it most likely won't be good and you will have to restart".
>
>	Which is precisely the behaviour that I experienced.  Without a
>LocalCLK, my machine would never recover from a loss of LAN
>connectivity.  With a LocalCLK, it would.  Therefore, I came to the
>conclusion that I described.

OK, I failed to realize that you were actually talking about your
experience with the wording "I'm not entirely certain what will happen,
but it most likely won't be good". Anyway, configuring a local clock
should not be needed for this purpose, and if it was in your setup,
maybe there is a bug somewhere.

--Per Hedeland
per at hedeland.org