[ntp:questions] Re: ACTS - too many recvbufs allocated (40) (Correct the Version of ntp-dev)

cipo cseplo_l at netlock.net
Wed Feb 9 19:26:17 UTC 2005

>or try adding something like

 >#ifdef TIOCSSOFTCAR
 > {
 > int one = 1;
 > ioctl(fd, TIOCSSOFTCAR, &one)
 > }
 >#endif
 >in an appropriate place, to set soft carrier.

This doesn't work.

>Could be a difference in behaviour of the modems at the other end,
>US vs Europe?
>
>Try commenting out this code in ntp_refclock.c/refclock_open()
>in two places, under #ifdef HAVE_TERMIOS and #ifdef HAVE_SYSV_TTYS
>
>        if (ltemp & TIOCM_DSR)
>                ttyp->c_cflag &= ~CLOCAL;

This patch works fine for me. It is better than the &C1->&C0 patch. In
the case of the &C1->&C0, when the modem is switched off, the well known
"too many recvbufs allocated (40)" appears (e.g. reading 0 bytes). In
the case of this CLOCAL patch, the current transfer is aborted, but when
modem is powered on again, everything continues as it should.
Thanks for the idea,
-cipo