[ntp:questions] Re: Good GPS for attic?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Feb 17 01:20:01 UTC 2005

At 8:16 PM +0000 2005-02-16, Gary S. wrote:

>  Quite a bit of spam, and very little "real" email, has a system clock
>  time way off from reality. If you account properly for the time zones
>  and delivery delays, this might be another sort of spam filter.

	Actually, I see quite a bit of "real" e-mail that has a
screwed-up clock.  Most PCs don't run NTP or anything else to keep
their clocks in good sync, and PC hardware is very well known for
frequently having some very screwy clocks.  More than a few PCs have
bad BIOS batteries, so if they ever reboot then their clocks are well
and truly screwed.

	This might be one more factor to consider in a greylisting
scheme, but I wouldn't go beyond that.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755