[ntp:questions] Re: Questions and ruminations regarding NTPD 4 config and XP's bad behavior.

elickd at one.net elickd at one.net
Fri Jan 14 21:55:11 UTC 2005

I don't want them to serve time at all.  They're workstations that are
set to query time once a week, but are answering because Microsoft
apparently can't be bothered to read RFCs.

I want the NTP servers I spoke of to ignore these machines so in the
off chance of NTP instability in our stratum hierarchy, there's no way
they can provide bogus time.

Something in our timeserver network is glitchy enough to cause my SCO
boxes (and there are thousands of them) to pick up bogus time at random
intervals.

Doug