[ntp:questions] Q: obsolete ntp utility

Karel Sandler sandler at ujf.cas.cz
Tue Jan 18 11:13:18 UTC 2005

1. Which is the last version of ntpd where the obsolete ntp utility was
still included. It allowed to send a packet to a remote ntpd server and the
answer packet contained all four timestamps.
2. One of my timeservers runs ntpd-4.2.0 on Tru64 4.0D now, but the
precision is only 2^^-10. For example the minimal jitter has always this
value, namely 0.976 ms. Probably I need to patch the kernel. The help from
somebody with similar Tru64 system will be greatly appreciated.

Karek Sandler