[ntp:questions] Re: Specifying command line parameters for ntpd running as a w2k service?

mayer at gis.net mayer at gis.net
Wed Jan 19 18:34:55 UTC 2005

You have no need to know wrote:
> Abandoning the right to remain silent, mayer at Fri, 14 Jan 2005
15:05:05
> -0800 said:
>

> This sounds like a good time to suggest a config file directive to
> specify what would otherwise be command line options. I know it
wouldn't
> let you specify the config file name (-c option) but I can't see any
> reason why any other field could not be supplied.

You don't need to get the config file. That will be a separate key
in the registry. BIND already does it this way. So far the location
has been hard-coded and that needs to change.

> Possible method:
>
> The command line args would be scanned for a -c option, that file
opened
> and the contents of any "cmdopt ...." line appended to the options,
then
> rescan the options ignoring all -c options.

We just need to set up a key to contain the command line options.
The service will then read the key (if any) and pass it to the
command-line parser.

Danny