[ntp:questions] If the difference is more than 1000 sec

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut at wollmersdorfer.at
Sun Jan 23 21:47:25 UTC 2005

On a server with ssh access only ntpd logged

| time correction of 1497 seconds exceeds sanity limit (1000);
| set clock manually to the correct UTC time.

My attempt to set the hwclock and reboot failed, as Debian Woody writes
the system clock to hardware clock during shutdown.

With

   adjtimex -tick 11000

the maximum allowed correction of the system clock is 10%.
I.e. 6 seconds per minute, 6 minutes per hour, or 4 hours for the above
difference of 1500 seconds.

Is there a faster way?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer