[ntp:questions] Re: Naval Observatory Master Clock

David M. Alexander nospam-alexanderdave at abc.com
Sun Jul 10 23:17:02 UTC 2005

I plan on using it to calibrate timers for work.  My device used to
calibrate the timers must be traceable to a NIST standard.  Right now I have
to call a long distance number and listen for 1 minute, then call again at
15, 30 minutes and again at 24 hours.  Was thinking if I could just use a
function or a macro in excel that would get the time in UTC, GMT or Zulu I
would have to call.  The spreadsheet could do the calculations to see if the
timers met the requirements.  I have been to  web sites that displays UTC so
figured that there must be a way to get it and place it in a cell.

The reason I would like to place the time in a spreadsheet is so I can
create a certification for audit purposes.

news:42D184A4.9080603 at gis.net...