[ntp:questions] The asymmetry strikes again!

Matt Kinard kinard at raytheon.com
Wed Jul 20 15:49:48 UTC 2005

I'm still researching NTP issues over an asymmetric network, and I was
wondering if I could get some suggestions as to what sort of accuracy
I'm looking at sacrificing.

Are we talking 20 ms or are we talking about 1 or 2 seconds? Is it
contingent upon how asymmetric my network is?  What is the threshold?

For the particular application I'm studying, there is some acceptable
risk in terms of lost accuracy, but I need some more concrete ideas.

Thanks all!
Matt