[ntp:questions] Time Synchronization

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu Jul 28 08:57:04 UTC 2005

At 6:37 PM +0100 2005-07-27, narasimha.x.reddy at gsk.com wrote:

>  We found that some messages passing from AIX to Solaris are not
>  synchronizing with GMT time.  Like an example a message passed from AIX at
>  11:45 GMT , but this message received at 11:30GMT time in Solaris.
>
>  Is anyone experienced with this kind of issues

	We would need to know more about your specific configuration.
For example, you would need to post the configuration files from your
NTP servers, as well as the configuration files of the AIX and
Solaris machines.  We would also need to see some debugging output
from these various machines -- such as the output from "ntpq -p" and
"ntpq -c rv" from each of these machines.

	Without additional information, it's impossible for us to help.

>  Could you give us any ideas of how to get the accuracy in the time
>  synchronization?

	Having four internal NTP servers is a good start.  Assuming that
they all have enough upstream time servers and they all peer with
each other, and that all internal clients are properly connected to
each of the internal NTP servers, you should be in decent shape.

	But we'd need to see your configuration files.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755