[ntp:questions] Re: Mother Of All Clocks

moi avk at localhost
Mon Mar 28 13:21:48 UTC 2005

Bjorn Gabrielsson wrote:

> Guess you are correlating the phase shift code also present on the
> DCF77. What accuracy do you get in comparison with just using AM?
>
> -- Björn

Excellent question. From the DCF "homepage", I figure the
phasemodulation is still experimental, unsupported. (but here to stay).

Are there any experiences/experiments with the reception/decoding of the
phase data ? Given the low frequency, maybe even a low-cost PLL/VCO
(ne567 ?) could do the trick, IMHO. The LW-frontend could be provided
by a modified DCF alarmclock, which can be bought for 10-20 eur here.

AvK