[ntp:questions] Due diligence

Lee Sailer lee.sailer at direcway.com
Sun May 1 15:18:58 UTC 2005

As I am sure that you all know, there is a legal concept of "due
diligence".  More of less, this means that you are trying to do things
right, even if you are not doing things perfectly.  (I am not a lawyer.
 No flames, please.)

HP-UX ships with version 3.5f of xntpd (I think). For those NTP buffs
out there, do you think the use of this old version is good enough to
show due diligence?  My company supplies financial services (not time
services) to cusotmers world-wide.  We use NTP internally to keep our
hosts in sync.

Just asking...

thanks,
lee