[ntp:questions] Re: ntpd 4.2.0, polling interval, and loopstats

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Mon May 9 13:38:50 UTC 2005

Ulrich,

Not all messages received from servers result in an update to the system
clock. This has always been the case and is very definitely intentional.
   Only those messages that do result in update result in loopstats
messages. See the briefings at the NTP project page. The Autokey
provision has nothing to do with this issue, other than the fact the
security protocol does require three to five message exchanges
piggybacked on the time exchanges.

Dave