[ntp:questions] Re: Quasi-On_topic: System (kernel) time jumps 3600 seconds at random times. Stumped.

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed May 18 20:02:56 UTC 2005

At 7:52 PM +0000 2005-05-18, Casper H.S.Dik wrote:

>  What happens if you just disable the service?  I now make
>  all PCs run in UTC.

	We've run all the servers for the NTP Public Services project in
UTC pretty much as long as we've been at ISC, and I seem to recall
that pretty much all the machines at UDel do the same.  If a user
wants to set a different timezone for their personal processes,
that's trivial to do.  But the machines run natively in UTC.

	Of course, we're weird that way.

>  http://blogs.sun.com/roller/page/casper/20050412#timezones_and_multi_boot

	Cool.  Thanks!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755