[ntp:questions] Re: WWV audio driver, FreeBSD, Can't seem to get it going

wa6zvp at gmail.com wa6zvp at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:22:34 UTC 2005

Dave,
The loopback audio sounds a tad distorted, like its being clipped, but
otherwise OK.  I don't think the link rate is tied directly to the
sample rate. From discussions of this device on BSD forums, this has to
do with some calibration of AD97 device when the driver first starts.
The 55945 rate seems to be in the ball park of the correct number to
expect.

Steven,
Since I know PDP11 assembly language, I'd have better luck working on
fuzzball code than BSD or NTP drivers. :)

I'll try to see if I can't scare up a different soundcard to put in the
beast.

     Roger