[ntp:questions] Re: WWV audio driver, FreeBSD, Can't seem to get it going

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue May 24 13:59:55 UTC 2005

Roger,

One thing I have not been able to evaluate is what happens when the WWV
and WWVH signals are co-dominant. The mitigation algorithms look for
each station separately and choose the maximum SNR; however, the cross
correlation of the 1000-1200 Hz seconds tick is not definitive. See the
report cited in the documentation. I have a PSTI (sic) 1020 here and it
has only nominal filtering; however, it should be more than sufficient
as a good receiver. The bottom line is that the sidetone produced by the
driver should sound okay.

Dave